|Posting||Traffic Engineer/ Transport Planner|
|Job Employer||GHD Pty Ltd|
|Job posted||May 29, 2022|
|Job Sector||Civil/Structural Engineering|
GHD’s Tasmanian Transport Group is currently offering a fantastic opportunity for a mid-level (7-12 years’ experience) Traffic Engineer/ Transport Planner to join their team. The growing demand to deliver major transport infrastructure projects across Australia has resulted in a need for planning and traffic engineers to work alongside our clients to define future infrastructure needs and investigate the why, when and how of delivering such infrastructure in creative and sustainable ways.
Candidates should ideally have a strong local knowledge of Tasmanian regions (although we are open to considering candidates that want to relocate to Tas!) and experience in managing wide-ranging traffic and transport projects, across a broad spectrum of clients. In addition to project collaboration, you will play a role in preparation of proposals, project management, stakeholder and community consultation and business development for public and private sector clients.
This role could be based at any of our offices – Hobart, Launceston or Burnie – and relocation support could be available for the right candidate.
What would you bring to the team?
- Degree qualified and experienced Traffic Engineer or Transport Planner
- Pro-active and enthusiastic attitude, great team-working approach and an ability to work both independently and as part of an integrated wider team
- Demonstrated experience on transport projects, with knowledge and experience of the Tasmanian context desirable (but not essential)
- Sound traffic management and engineering knowledge with passion for traffic engineering and transport planning principles and standards
- Previous mentoring experience with more junior team members
- Public transport planning and active travel scheme design (e.g. cycleways) appreciated
- Well-developed communication skills, including report writing and the ability to present concepts to a diverse range of clients.
Interested? Apply online now by submitting your CV and Cover Letter
GHD is an equal opportunity employer and we want everyone to be able to fully participate in our recruitment process. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of all identities.
All our employees are expected to be able to attend a GHD office. In Australia you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to access any GHD controlled office or project site in all states and territories except WA, unless you have been granted an exemption.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.